Friday, December 24, 2010

Baby stuff...

So I have beyond sucked at blogging through this pregnancy. I thought for sure I would be good at keeping up with all the appointments and information but I am not. My mind is like mush and when I get home from working... I find myself wanting to do nothing but lay on the couch. I can't even tell you the last time I cooked dinner (seriously).

Anyways here are lots of pictures of the last couple months...mostly the baby shower and the Kai's room.

The baby shower theme was childrens books- every centerpiece was a diaper cake decorated after a childrens book on top of a recieving blanket that my mom made to match. It was sooooo cute.

The favors were magnets of some favorite words like "Bliss" and "joy" and "Giggle" along with cake pops.


The cake was made by my friends Neil and Megan at Sugar and Spice and Everything Iced. It not only looked awesome, was completely edible, it tasted amazing

My Aunts and Mother who put the shower on for me

LOVE MY MOM!!!








Kai's ROOM!


My mom made this mobile for over his crib. It is painted shower curtain rings and looks AWESOME

My mom made the dresser

My Dad made this book rack for all the childrens books that I love so much.

Yes Kai has a 40 inch tv in his room

More pictures will be on the wall. My mom made the curtains

Kai's custom surfboard from Hawaii

Our Christmas Card picture.

So the little guy will be here next Thursday (the 30th). I will be induced just shy of 39 weeks. I asked my doctor about the tax writeoff if I have him before the new year. Yes... I know maybe bad but heck if he comes two days after Jan 1st or two days before and I can get money from the government... I will take the two days before. Plus- I am ready to meet the little guy and he is ready to come out (I know this because he kicks me all the time like he is trying to bust through the walls).

We have been SOOOOO Blessed this year with the baby and everyones support. I am amazed at the love I feel from people and some that I don't even know. I am so grateful for everything that I have been given and know that this next year will be an exciting and challanging one for us. The hubbs will always turn to me when I get that "oh crap...we are having a baby look" and gives me a high five and says "Team B squared". (thats us...get it Brooke and Brian "B SQUARED"). Anyways- I am so grateful for such a loving husband who has been right there with me through this whole thing. I remember laying in bed crying my eyes out when we were trying to get pregnant and he just held me and soothed the pain away. I am so grateful for him.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke- first of all, you look adorable! The theme of your shower was SO clever! Kai's room is awesome- especially the mobile- AmAzInG!!! Just one question- what IS with the 40" tv???

    ReplyDelete