Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Sophie's Quilt



My super good friend LORI is having a little girl in a couple months…she is going to name her Sophia. I have been working on this quilt for baby Sophie- I saw this super cute fabric by MODA called Blush and thought it would be perfect since Lori is decorating brown and pink. I didn't want ONLY browns and pinks so I thought this worked out well. Since Lori doesn't look at the blog- I thought I would give a peak at my progress thus far.



I teach Relief Society in my ward and just taught last Sunday (if you are LDS then you all had the same lesson in RS so I don't need to elaborate) but anyways- I used a talk by Sheri Dew for a majority of the talk called, "knowing who you are and who you always have been". There are a few lines I want to share…

"Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are, and that is who you have always been"

"(Satan) He hates women of the noble birthright. He hates us because he is almost out of time, while we are en route to everlasting glory. He hates us because of the influence we have on husbands and children, family and friends, the Church and even the world. It is no secret to him that we are the Lord's secret weapon."

What a GREAT feeling to know that women are the Lord's Secret Weapon but it is so true… we have such an influence on each other, the men in our lives, our children (or future children), the community… the world. What a great blessing it is to know that we are daughters of God and especially with all this infertility crap I have come to realize over and over, its not my time, it's the Lords time and he has this figured out even if the doctors and myself don't.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke,
    I'm not LDS,but have to come to respect and appreciate your beliefs. I love what you had to say about being our Father's daughters, God's secret weapon. Thanks for reminding me who I am.
    And I'll pray for your medical issues,
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete