Monday, January 18, 2010

Thrift Store Finds…


I love thrift stores… I love going in and out of thrift stores looking for things that you probably don't really need but think you need at the time…. It's the best. Recently mom and I went out and stumbled upon a thrift store we have not been to. I didn't find much but I did find these awesome brass seagulls and butterflies that fit perfectly in the "retro room".

Speaking of the "retro room", this front room is one of my favorite places in my house (second of course to Crafice and my comfy bed) but I do not spend a lot of time in this room and now that I look at in pictures... it needs some paint...hmmmm. The seagulls will do until I find a nice large retro brass peacock to hang on the wall. I believe every house needs a peacock in it- plus I just love saying "peacock" (sidenote... on the mission when I served in Waterford we had church in a hotel called the Brass Cock or Brass Chicken or something like that... help me out here old comps). Anyways back to the house...Our dogs however are in the retro room everyday and usually a good portion of the day because it has what we call "doggy TV" aka… the front window that looks out at the street and all the passerbys… anyways- here are my lovely seagulls in my lovely retro room in my lovely house.

I also am in love with my green chairs that were not thrift store finds... BUT THEY WERE CRAIGSLIST!! Love it! I got them from a guy on Craigslist for $150 each... mid-century modern and I heart them.

No comments:

Post a Comment