Sunday, February 14, 2010

Un-Valentines Day

This year has  been different for me. Usually I am counting down the days until February because all of my FAVORITE things happen in Feb= my birthday, Valentines Day, my birthday, four of my friends birthday, my birthday (you got my point). When I was in my teens and college, my mom would always joke because each year I would find a new boyfriend by February 1st and they would stay my boyfriend AT LEAST until March 1st. When the Hubbs and I started dating, mom was for sure he wouldn't make it past March- he was different. I kept him around. LOVES.

Anyways this year not much excitement this month. I even told the Hubbs not to buy me flowers. See here is my philosophy- I do have one. I really, really, really want this....


but its like $2400.00 or something crazy like that. I got to play on one a couple weeks ago at the quilting show. Its amazing. It has this super awesome stitch regulator on it that it like the best thing since... well forever. So my theory is this- if I don't get any presents for Valentines, my birthday, or any other holiday this year- maybe JUST MAYBE the Hubbs will let me splurge on this one. I even have been trying to avoid buying fabric (TRYING BEING THE KEY WORD). Every penny adds up to a new sewing machine. Now if you remember- I got a new sewing machine at Christmas but I never realized how much I would love quilting so now I need a new one. A special one. The Bernina. I would name her NINA. Ahhhh bliss.
Anyways- the Hubbs still needed to get a present for Valentines day though. Actually I had not bought him anything (saving money for Nina) but then we found this AWESOME deal. The Hubbs plays in a band

 This is him with his first band... Kevorkian Method (no need to comment on the band name- I know). The second band is Coldest Lonely. He plays the Bass and Guitar. He loves it and I love that he loves it so much.














So he has been wanting to get a new desk for his recording equiptment. My super talented Hubbs also does recording. LOVES. So anyways- we found this desk at the thrift store for $119.00. Sounds a little expensive for a thrift store but this same desk is listed for $2200.00 online. WOW!! What a great deal. So here was my thought again... If he gets this desk then maybe I can get Nina and his response, "honey if you can find Nina for $119.00- go for it". Smart butt. Gotta love the Hubbs. So we are here at his band studio... his man cave... on valentines... setting up the desk.
very romantic I know... but its with The Hubbs. The man that I love. The man that I get to wake up every morning next to. The man that makes me smile, makes me laugh, listens to me rant, and holds me when I need to cry. Valentines Day is a day to share the love. Sitting here in the band studio helping the Hubbs set up his fancy, deal of a desk is love.

“Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.”


No comments:

Post a Comment