Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Brooke's not so smart...

Some of you may know that the husband was married to a wonderful women before me. She was tragically killed in a car accident and then we later met and fell in love and got married. In the process of me moving into the house when we got married, there were still alot of her things around and I was trying to "mark my territory". As I was cleaning out the kitchen, I came across this plethera of plates of every color. Yellow, blue, green, orange... just tons and tons of dishes that were all so many colors. At the time, I was more of a neutral, earthy tone type of girl. So I decided to donate these plates to the wonderful world of Goodwill. Months later, I came across the wonderful blog of NieNie (http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/) who taught me to love color. As I was reading her blog and seeing her super cute kitchen and house, I wanted to add color to my world and thought of those plates. I started shopping at antique stores (Brass Armadillo here in Phoenix) and came across a booth that had all of these colorful plates and dishes... HER plates and dishes. What?? These are antiques and worth money. AGHHH- typical Brooke. I told my mom and showed her the plates at the store and her response was, "YOU got rid of FIESTA plates" and I think she added some choice words. What are "Fiesta plates??". I went home semi-depressed that I did not keep the plates. In unpacking the many boxes that accumilated, guess what showed up out of no where???
YEAH.... the plates and bowls. I did give away quite a lot of dishes but was still blessed to have some of the colorful pieces. Now I just need to convince the Husband to let me change out my kitchen to COLOR and MORE COLOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment