Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cut Cut Stitch Stitch...

In my wonderful days of blog movement (when I follow links around to a bunch of different amazing blogs), I came across this lovely blog http://www.ididntsaybanana.blogspot.com/ which had me in AWE of her amazing quilts. It made me wish that I knew her just so I could be the beneficiary of one of her masterpieces. BUT since I do not know her... I decided I needed to learn how to quilt. So here is the story behind quilting- you cut up a bunch of perfectly good fabric then sew it together to make a blanket of some sort. Here is where I fall short, I barely can walk straight, how am I going to be able to cut straight?? I do not match colors so well... how can I make it look good?? So I set out to the fabulous land of Jo-Ann's and purchased some fabric. I got what is called FAT QUARTERS (I think it means a quarter of a yard). I bought lots of floral prints- they don't have to match. Anyways- here is my progress so far...
bright colors- not sure what I will do with it once its done but I think its fun for a first time quilt. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment